The 2022 Gear Up Florida team arrived in Tallahassee, FL on Saturday, May 28 to wrap up their 15-day trek from Miami spreading a message of acceptance and inclusion for our friends with disabilities. While every event and team is special, this year’s team went above and beyond to have as big of an impact on the organization as possible.
Celebrating 25 years of Gear Up Florida, this year’s team finished their journey as the HIGHEST FUNDRAISING team in the event’s history. These men came together to raise over $160,000.
A few stats about this year’s team:
- 31 team members representing 20 chapters/universities
- 978 miles cycled over 13 days
- 15 Friendship Visits held with 13 different organizations
- More than $17,000 in grants awarded our deserving partner organizations
- More than 60 volunteers and organizations hosted the team for lodging, a meal, showers, Friendship Visits, special events, and more!
We are so thankful for these men and everyone who helped make this year’s event another successful one! Whether you encouraged, donated and/or directly supported the team on the road, YOU made this happen. THANK YOU!
If you are still interested in donating to a Gear Up Florida team member, check out the 2022 Gear Up Florida team page!